The Spartanburg County Jail in South Carolina plays a crucial role in maintaining public safety by securely detaining individuals who are either under arrest, awaiting trial, or serving their sentences. This correctional facility is dedicated to offering a safe, humane, and efficient environment for all inmates.
How to Search for an Inmate
To locate an inmate in the Spartanburg County Jail, you can follow these simple steps:
- Visit the Inmate Search Page: Start by accessing the Spartanburg County Jail Inmate Search page.
- Enter Inmate Details: Provide essential information like Booking Number, Last Name, First Name, and Date of Birth.
- Execute the Search: Click the search button to get the details.
- Review the Results: If the details are correct, the inmate’s information will appear.
Tips for Inmate Search
- Ensure accuracy in spelling and date of birth.
- Check frequently as the jail roster updates often.
- Try different variations of the inmate’s name if needed.
- Consider professional assistance if the search is challenging.
Visiting an inmate can be a vital part of their reintegration process. Here’s how to plan a visit:
- Check Inmate Eligibility: Some inmates may have visitation restrictions.
- Register and Schedule: Register through the Visitation Registration page and book your visit in advance.
- Follow Rules: Adhere to identification, dress code, behavior, and search procedures.
Inmates can make outgoing calls but not receive them. Calls are recorded except for legal ones. Rules include:
- Prepaid Account: Calls are made through a prepaid account.
- Call Duration: Typically limited to 15 minutes.
- Restricted Numbers: Including international numbers.
- Conduct: Inappropriate language can lead to revoked privileges.
Inmate Mail Guidelines
Stay connected through mail by following these guidelines:
- Addressing: Use the inmate’s full legal name and booking number.
- Content Review: Mail is inspected for contraband.
- Format and Content: Only letters, postcards, and certain photos are allowed.
Sending Money to Inmates
Inmates may need funds for commissary items. Methods include:
- Online Transfers: Through approved services.
- Money Orders: Sent via mail.
- Kiosk Deposits: In the jail lobby.
Inmates can purchase products like food, hygiene products, and entertainment items from the commissary.
Incarceration Records and Mugshots
Access to incarceration records and mugshots may require formal requests or be found in publicly available reports.
Inmate Population Statistics
The jail houses various offenders, and the population statistics can be found on the official website.
Security measures include surveillance, restricted movement, controlled communication, and regular checks.
Location and Contact Details
Address: Spartanburg County Jail, 8045 Howard St, Spartanburg, SC 29303