Friends of Three Sheets Northwest

Longbranch Marina Wharf Closed (2 posts)

• Profile picture of Dylan Lippert Dylan Lippert said 3 years, 7 months ago:

The Longbranch marina on Filucy Bay does not currently have shore access as Pierce county has condemned and closed the wharf which it owns. The Longbranch Improvement Club which runs the Marina is working to get temporary floats in place, but until then, only dock there understanding that there is no shore access for walks, porta potties or garbage. I am not sure if the LIC will close the marina temporarily, but as of now I believe it is officially “open for business”. To get to the marina, local tenants (me included) need to either dinghy, swim (I used my old windsurf board this weekend since my dinghy was on my boat and there is no place to store it securely on shore) or excercise civil disobedience and risk a fine climbing around the two fences that block the wharf. Local waterfront is private, but folks can dinghy to shore a little north of the marina…bring you mud boots…

• Profile picture of Marty McOmber Marty McOmber said 3 years, 7 months ago:

Wow, that’s big news. We absolutely loved the Longbranch Warf. We’ll make some calls today to get the scoop from the County. Can we get in touch with you today by phone to discuss?

Skol!